Monday, December 30, 2013

Face Painter's Send Children Into The World Of Make Believe



A lot of folks don’t understand children so it’s easy to see why they can't understand the thrill children get when we face paint them. I have been face painting in the Tampa Bay, Florida area for a while now. I'll tell you one thing that I have learned since my first gig face painting; children really love to play make believe! That's why they always want to see the face painter. I love it when I face paint a child, for example, as a tiger and when I am done they become a tiger, roaring and having fun! 
Not too long ago, a friend of mine showed up at a festival I was face painting at. He was with his 3 sons. All his boys are under the age of ten. Once they entered my tent the transformation began. I painted the first boy as a dragon, the next spider man and the last one as a puppy dog. The boys were all thrilled with their face painting designs and were really happy!
The next day, I get a message on my Facebook Wall that reads “Hey JoAnna, thanks a lot for face painting my boys yesterday. I had a hard time getting them to let me wash off all their face painting designs last night but I had about all I could take of Spiderman trying to throw a web on the Dragon, then the Dragon trying to breath his fire breath on Spiderman to kill him. The poor puppy dog never had a chance”… lol! 
But seriously, thank you. That was the first night in a long time where the boys did not fall asleep to TV or play video games and didn't complain about it. That was nice for a change!
It's wonderful to know that even in today’s technology where computers try to do everything, they will never take over a child’s imagination! All you need is a little face painting Tampa!

No comments:

Post a Comment